sábado, 9 de outubro de 2010
10 large uncooked shrimp
1 cup cold water
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 cups cooked sushi rice
1 to2 tablespoons wasabi paste, to taste
Soy sauce, for dipping
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Skewer the shrimp from head to tail with toothpicks.
2. Add skewered shrimp to boiling water and cook 3 minutes; transfer to bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
3. When cooled, remove the shell and skewers from shrimp. Make a slit in the underside of the shrimp and cut through almost to the top but not completely. Remove the dark vein.
4. Moisten your hands with a mixture of cold water and vinegar. Take a 1 1/2 tablespoons of the sushi rice and form into a rectangular block about 2-inches long with rounded edges and sides.
5. Scoop up a tiny amount, about ¼ teaspoon, of wasabi paste with the tip of your finger and spread it on the inside of the shrimp.
6. Place the shaped rice on top of the wasabi and press gently. Press into the shrimp, but make sure it holds its shape.
7. Serve with soy sauce for dipping.